Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Out of the Mouths of Babes

From the student paper I just read:

"For centuries, philosophers have been perceived as arrogant men that question everything. And in fact they are."

It's funny 'cuz it's true! I guess I shouldn't laugh too much, though:

"There are many things in science that do not have any explanation or answer. A philosopher would always be thinking about these things and could very well end up senile at a younger age."

We've been warned, Kevin and Tim.

5 comments:

Phil K. said...

This from the University of Iowa Hospital website:

"Dementia is the gradual loss of mental functions such as the ability to think, reason, remember, and plan. It results from a disease or a brain disorder. An emotional disturbance and a personality change often accompany it. Dementias are more common among the elderly, but do affect a few people in their forties and fifties. Some can even affect children. There are several medical problems that can result in dementia. Many of these conditions are treatable. Others can be only partially reversed."

So, you see, even you are susceptible. Particularly, when you're are THINKING about the mystery of science. So...just avoid that, and you'll be alright. By their logic, anyway.

Watoosa said...

I love that that student was perfectly willing to insult you and take the chance that it wouldn't affect his/her grade. I tip my hat to the brave soul.

TP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TP said...

I'm not going to be the one to tell my wife that she is an arrogant man.

Tim

Anonymous said...

Who's Kevin? And where'd I put my pants?