Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm Proud to Be an American...

...where at least I know I'm free. Free to eat cakes in a cake contest, that is.

According to the Irish Times, a recent European Union regulation has outlawed eating cakes and confections entered into competitions at country fairs and agricultural shows.

This rule applies even to the judges!
Says the report: "Under the rules adjudicators of bakery sections in local shows are only permitted to taste the traditional favourites such as apple tarts or cheese cakes. Once the judging is over, the produce must be immediately destroyed. As a result, only bite-sized versions of the cakes will be entered in shows."

Destroying cheesecakes? I think that's just perverse. One Irishman is quoted as saying, "it’s no wonder the people voted No to the Lisbon Treaty." No wonder, indeed.

2 comments:

Jackamo said...

WHAT THE HECK??!!??

Watoosa said...

I AM BESIDE MYSELF WITH RAGE. Commie bastards.