Sunday, April 19, 2009

Return of Out of the Mouths of Babes!

From tonight's batch:

"Ethics and morality should be at the top of people's lists on how they want to run their lives. Instead people are worrying more about not being robbed or raped or even murdered."

Gee, I always thought ethics and morality (my favorite redundant phrase) had a lot to do with robbery, rape, and murder. Since I hope to avoid being the victim of all three, that must make me amoral. And non-ethical!

In the very next sentence, this person wrote:

"The world we live in today would be spit on by Socrates' time.
"

I think if Socrates' time actually did spit on our world, our world would totally kick Socrates' time in the wiener. Take that, Socrates' time! If you want to step to us again, you'll get more of the same!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd pay a turtle to see a time spit.

Phil K. said...

I remember that Bill & Ted had a most excellent adventure in which they encountered the era in question. I don't recall spitting, though.

Jenny said...

Suck it, Socrates!

Anonymous said...

Chris,

I just ran across your blog and laughed so loud in my office that I embarrassed myself! I'm sending this one to Carper!

-Rachel Douchant