Friday, May 18, 2007

Ascending the Mount of Purgation

This afternoon I made it farther up Gibraltar Road than ever before. According to Google Earth, I made it past the 2100 foot mark, which is 200 feet higher than my previous best. Since I had determined to re-reach my previous best before we move, I was pretty psyched to surpass it, and to surpass it ahead of schedule. Unfortunately, the road gets pretty bad at that point, so I don't think I'll be going much farther. However, my stopping point was in view of Gibraltar Rock, which offers a great view of the canyon and the Santa Barbara Channel (Watoosa and I hiked there shortly after we moved to SB). So I may push on a bit just to hit the rock.
Below is a map of my route.




And here is an update on my calf muscle development. They're the poster calves for www.massivecalves.com. Ladies, try to control yourselves.

4 comments:

Phil K. said...

Somehow, with your body type, I imagine the disproportion of the muscle on your calves to the rest of your body to resemble something close to Popeye. Icken the Biker Man?

Ickenham said...

You can see a shot of the rest of me here.

hayumbone said...

I wonder -- will your calves of steel make kicking you more difficult now? ;)

Ickenham said...

Nah--there's more of me to kick.