Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Things I Wish I'd Never Seen

A 1.5 cm* nose goblin dangling from one of my student's nostrils, its slimy exterior reflecting the afternoon sunlight coming in through the window.

Fortunately for him, it was in the middle of class. Unfortunately for him, the class consists of six people, so he was especially conspicuous. I was horrified, and yet I could not look away. Not even when, finding himself without a tissue, he used his freakin' sleeve.

Needless to say, I'll be handling this kid's tests and papers with safety tongs and a hazmat suit.

*Approximate measurement, but no exaggeration.

2 comments:

TP said...

Better his sleeve than his tongue. At that length, it sounds like the boogie was in striking range.

Jenny said...

Oh yuck. That's what my 2-year old son does. Was his paper done in crayon?