Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Getty

Last Saturday, Beth and I went down to LA for the day. First, we my friend Ryan and his friend Daniella at the Farmer's Market, which--inexplicably enough--has little produce for sale but does feature a Singaporean/Malaysian/Indonesian restaurant called "The Banana Leaf." I recommend it. Then we went to the Getty, which was fantastic. I had no idea how large the whole thing was. It actually comprises four main buildings, each of which has two floors of galleries. The campus sits on a mountaintop, from which you can view Los Angeles in one direction, and (I think) Malibu in the other. I also highly recommend going, whenever you're in the godforsaken wasteland that is Los Angeles. It's free, too.

A few pics:


2 comments:

TP said...

Hey CAC,

I hope you guys are doing well. That picture of Beth here is hilarous.

How about putting up a hilarious picture of yourself. Oh, wait, now I see it -- it's top right on the blog.

Later,
Tim

Anonymous said...

Is Beth laughing at one of your hilarious jokes? Nah, couldn't be.