Thursday, May 8, 2008

How Do I Put This on my Goodreads List?

Say what you like about Wikipedia, but I often find myself sucked in by it, bouncing from one link to another as the time flies by. Yes, it's probably not a suitable reference for an academic paper, but it's still great for introducing you to new things.

Today, I saw the entry for the World's Largest Book. From the entry: "It has 730 leaves and 1460 pages; each page is three and a half feet wide, five feet tall and five inches thick." It should go without saying that I won't find it at my local library.

I have no desire to read it--Buddhism has always put me to sleep--but it looks like it's worth seeing in person. Unfortunately, travel to Myanmar isn't in the cards for me anytime soon, for a host of reasons.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm disappointed by your confession. Are you next going to admit to liking Budweiser?

Anonymous said...

Stop beating around the bush and put up before/after photos of the house already! KK