Friday, May 16, 2008

Striptease


Ever since move-in day, I've yearned to strip off the wallpaper in the kitchen. It's not hideously ugly, but it does look (a) dated, (b) "countryish", and (c) dingy. There were several edges that had come up off the wall surface, and I knew I could just give a tug and the whole sheet would come right off. It was all I could do to keep from pulling it all down, but we had already spent enough time redoing the other downstairs rooms and the nursery upstairs.

Well, we decided we can't take it anymore, and that we'd paint the kitchen in the next week or two. So yesterday I pulled off several sheets. There will be a few spots that need some work, but most of it will come off easily. It was hard to rein myself in, but I had to prep for class.

We're going to try to paint this weekend, and then the house will finally be done. Although...the walls in BR 1 & 2 are starting to look bad in comparison. And then there's the bathroom.

Must...stop...redecorating!

Got to...avoid...becoming...HGTV cliche!

2 comments:

Karen and Sean said...

Ding, dong the witch is dead! That paper seriously had to go. What color did y'all pick?

Ickenham said...

Uhhh...it's still to be determined.