Sunday, May 4, 2008

Aaaaaaaaaaand...We're In

We are now officially moved into our new house. Actually, it's been a week and a day, now, but I've been too busy to post an update.

All the work on the house was actually enjoyable, but it's great to know that it's behind us and we can focus on settling in. The carpet is now installed, and just about everything is unpacked, but we still need to hang a few things on the walls and organize the books in the cases.

This remodeling/redecorating stuff is addictive. When I sit in our living room, which has been repainted, I can see the den and dining room, and part of the kitchen. The contrast between the first two (both of which have been repainted) with the dingy, 1980s kitchen becomes unbearable. I have to exert all my willpower to keep from ripping the wallpaper off the walls. We've decided to paint them, but later this month, and we might even do the countertops. Why not?

No comments: