Sunday, May 4, 2008

Netflix without Watoosa

Two days after moving in, Watoosa left for Florida to attend her sister's wedding. So until last night, I had the house to myself. It was a little odd. If I hadn't spent the previous two weeks here working I would have felt like I was house-sitting or squatting.

I used the time to watch Netflix movies that she wouldn't be interested in seeing. It was a pretty interesting mix, this time. The first was an epic samurai flick whose title sounds like a Tolkien rip-off: The Sword of Doom. The second was a famous documentary about French collaboration and resistance during World War II. The third was Metallica: Some Kind of Monster.

The Metallica movie was OK. It was interesting--almost comical--to see the uber-heavy metal group try to solve their personal issues through psychotherapeutic hokiness. Megadeth's Dave Mustaine, who was kicked out of Metallica right before they got big, makes an appearance and comes off as a total whiner. Suffice to say, these guys don't exactly come off looking hardcore. To their credit, though, they released the film, anyway.

The best part, for me, was realizing during one scene that the band has stocked their studio with the stoneware that Watoosa and I use: Denby Energy. They even have the same salt and pepper shakers. Yep, James Hetfield gripes about his feelings and how he never can trust people whilst slurping coffee out of the same cup that I use.

The similarites, I can assure you, end there.

No comments: