Thursday, July 3, 2008

My New Route

I had a great ride today out to the southern tip of Sebago Lake. I wondered if I'd be able to find some good rides once we moved out to Westbrook. From Portland, it was still pretty easy to cross over Casco Bay and ride through Cape Elizabeth to the Portland Head Light (and for a longer ride, to Prout's Neck). I could still do that ride, but it would mean adding on a few more miles of uninteresting city riding each way.

But I've been really pleased with the rides inland. The New England countryside is beautiful, and there are more hills. I miss having a lighthouse to look at, but the views of the lake are still a nice reward for pedaling.

Here's the route:

1 comment:

The Keffer's said...

Sounds like a good ride.

BTW, have you read "What is the What"? It's an autobiography of a Sudanese refugee as told to an American author. I'd be interested in your take on it, since you knew some Sudanese refugees when you were in Egypt.

Have a great 4th.