Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Regrettable Food...Soviet Style!

Nothing in your life can prepare you for this:



Questions:

(1) Obviously, the most pressing question is this: "Do the makers of this commercial want us to buy this product, or are they trying to turn us off of meat forever?"

(2) Is that voice-over
(a) simply part of the soundtrack?
(b)a Manchurian Candidate style hypnotic trigger designed to send someone out to bring the system of capitalism to its knees?
(c) a voice inside the women's heads?
(d) a voice inside the women's heads projected by the chicken, announcing impending bloody vengeance on the human world for this and this(!)?

(3) The women at the restaurant seem to be exchanging knowing glances, as if to say, "Do we dare try the Kana hakkliha?" What do they know that we don't? Something tells me that deep down they suspect that KANA HAKKLIHA IS PEOPLE! IT'S PEOPLE!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't this part of pink floyd's the wall? Oh, wait; that was school boys, not chickens, going into the meat grinder.

Anonymous said...

Alright, I just watched that for the 3rd time and I am actually hypnotized by it. No, for real. I want to watch it yet again but am exercising a lot of self control not to.

Karen and Sean said...

I think in the middle of the two words, there is that sort of African tribal !ng sound. You know what I mean? Maybe it is not translatable into any ONE language, but in all languages, THRU MIND CONTROL!

Jenny said...

I choose 2e:
the feed from the microchip implanted into their heads. It also tells them who to vote for and how to style their hair (i.e. the 80s bear claw style they were sporting in this clip).

Where on earth did you find this one? I'm with Beth, I want to watch it again but am afraid of being hypnotized.