Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sicko

Watoosa and I are both under the weather. She caught a cold early last week and kindly decided to share it with me. I feel like someone shoved a bicycle pump up my nose and started inflating my head, Dig Dug-style.

I can't remember the last time Watoosa and I were sick at the same time, but I find that it results in a drastic decrease in both the quantity and quality of cheap sympathy and coddling to which I have become accustomed. This must not stand. Comments are open, for those of you who feel like picking up the slack.

UPDATE: Things got worse for me last night. I don't want to bore you with details, but let's just say that having Indian food for dinner last night was a big, big mistake.

It was fortunate, then, that Watoosa has been improving. When I get really sick, my judgment begins to cloud, and sometimes I just need to be told what to do--autonomy just gets in the way. Many of you have heard her tell the story of my walking around Santa Barbara in a feverish stupor, looking for a doctor's office. I wasn't quite that bad off last night, but it sure was good to have her here, and I hereby retract my gripe about the cheap sympathy and coddling.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear you guys aren't feeling well. We missed you at church this morning. Hope you feel better soon. If I'd read this before doing the grocery shopping, I would have picked up some chicken soup ingredients. If you're not feeling better by Tuesday, let me know and I'll get out my stock pot.

-JB

Unknown said...

Is "wha!" the kind of comment you are looking for? I can cerainly see Watoosa saying that to you.

Ickenham said...

Jason: Thanks. I think we've both turned the corner, but we'll keep your number handy just in case.

Kevin: Yeah, I get that a lot.